For pictures of the Freezer, check http://www.backprint.com/go.asp?19074387 out.
Monday:
I left for Vegas @ noon after swimming some of the following workout. Arms really tired and legs sore...
2*150 E, 8*50 Strong 60s, 6*50 (as 25fly, 25free) on 55s, 4*50 Strong on 50s, 600 Steady, 2*300 Steady pull, 600 MH, 2*300 Steady pad, 2*50 (as 25 Sprint, 25E), 300E total -- 3600
I was supposed to get an hour bike and 40min Trun in when I got there, but was exhasuted for some reason and stressed out about getting a 2.5 hour run in before I had to be in meetings allday starting @ 8am Tuesday morning. I have been using a golf ball to strech out my right arch, it's been sore since Saturday.
Tuesday:
I went to bed early, but 4:30am came too early still. Ate a bagel and a SoBe Aldrenline Rush drink thing from room service and headed out the door. I had a 18 mile loop made that goes out around the airport and back through the north end of the strip...I had to cut it short as I was running out of time. I couldn't be late to the meetings. I ended up with 17+ miles in 2:20. It was obvisously really flat, but a nice headwind for half of it.
After the meetings, I spun on an exercise bike for 30 minutes. Arch isn't bothering me anymore.
Wednesday:
Run and yoga/strength...didn't happen. Really late night with co-workers last night...I was up almost 24 hours...went to bed early tonight.
Thursday:
Back to Portland at noon. I headed out for a ride shortly after. 1:45 and 25 miles through the West Hills, easy pace, easy climbs...
PM swim consisted of
WU: 2*100E free/back, 2*100S (in-outs free/back),
MS: 2*200 (desc S to H), 400S PullPad,
4*100 (2S, 2MH), 400S PullPad,
6*100 (2 on 1:25…1:20...1:15...1:10), 400S PullPad, (missed the 100s as the ink smeared on my notes...)
8*50 (2on 55,50,45,40),300S pad pull,
300E pull,
CD: 300S swim, 100E easy Total -- 4000 (orginally 5000)
Friday:
Afternoon run: This was a good run. Felt suprisingly good. Pace was not accurate for the miles because I was up at Leif, but the HR was spot on.
WU: 2 miles easy
MS: 2 steady (z3), 2 (zone 5 minus 10 beats), 2 (zone 5 minus 5 beats)
CD: 2 easy.
PM Swim: WU: 500E, 400k, MS: 1500E, CD: 300E Total --- 2700 (40mins)
PM Run: 40 easy - Skipped
Saturday:
This was a knarly swim. I was lazy and did this after my bike/run in the morning/afternoon. I got through it though.
Swim: WU: 2*150 (swim,back,CU), 4*50 (12-polo-25-zipper-12-long dog), 2*100 kick,
MS: 2X [400pullpad, 4*100 on 1:35, last max, 300pad, 3*100 on 1:35, last max, 200 pull, 2*100 on 1:35, last max)] CD: 400E Total --- 4700 (90 mins)
Bike: This was not the best ride. Due to possible rain, I was on my rain bike and was going to the intervals at HR (140). Gant, Bill and I started out and we were at a good clip for 90 mins. Intervals started and I fell apart. It was all I could do to sit in and not get dropped and my HR was 140...i was dropped occasionally, but I managed to catch up during the rests. Great route out of Rubber to the Road - Pioneer Century. Ended with 97 miles in 5:15.
5-6 hours with 3*50min IM pace intervals
Run: 30min easy - Was fine for the way my legs felt after riding.
Sunday:
AM Run: 2 hours easy to steady
Meet Bill @ Leif. We were both worried that this run was going to be hard, but it went pretty well. We got 15 miles in 2:04. Off to go swim...
AM Swim: Total --- 5100
WU: 300 (alt 50swim, 050 back), 4*50 (20 polo, 30 kick on side),
MS: 1500 (500easy,500steady,500MH), 5*100 pad on 1:25, 5*100 pad on 1:30, 5*100 swim on 1:20, then 10*50 on :35, 10*50 on :40, then 10*50 (50 back/50dps) on 50s,
CD: 100E
This was the most brutal swim ever recorded, well almost recorded...since I didn't finish it. I was getting no rest in between the 100 pad, or 100 swim and gave up on the 4th 50 on :35... Didn't have it...
PM Run: 45min easy - This hurt real bad. Had to walk 20 minutes into it, but I finished. Vegas really kicked my ass this week.
Actual Time 19:21
Planned Time 24:15
Swim Distance 16900 yd
Bike Distance 132 mi
Run Distance 51 mi
In case you didn't know...you CAN NOT get work, play and excercise done in Las Vegas. Word to the wise.
No comments:
Post a Comment