After a couple of weeks getting back into it, I had a 30min TT on the trainer today. Riding home this morning on the fix was not easy, legs were a little sore and when I tried to push a few spin-ups to 40k pace, wasn't easy. Glad that wasn't the case with the TT. It felt good, once I got past the first 15mins. I remember averaging 310ish last year, so I started out there and see where I would go. 320-330 is were the first 15mins were. I downshifted and brought that up to 350 by 20mins in. Cadence checks were around 85-90 the whole way. With 5 minutes left I bumped to 400 and kept creeping it up until I begin to spin as hard as I could in aero with 15 seconds left hitting 771 watts for a max. I haven't sweat like that in a long time. Good burn during the first part and then legs began to feel heavier but not burn more. With very little fitness and alot of strength right, now I think this is a good result. We'll see what coach says. Here's what my trainer session "studio" looks like...i think i will bring that projector to the indoor sessions the Ironheads are having on the weekends to play PSII on or other game consoles people want to bring instead of watching a movie. Race bend aero bars are much better to play videos on in aero than the tradiontal bend.
So now what? Well it's just an easy run this afternoon with some other endurance pace bike, swim and runs the remainder of the week.
1 comment:
Holy CRAP! I thought I was gettin fancy when I hooked up a second-hand TV/VCR combo in front of my trainer in the garage! I gotta be doing something wrong here!
Post a Comment