About Me

My photo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE

Friday, January 25, 2008

The Almighty Power!

No, not that almighty... I finally have power to work with. It's been a few rides and I haven't ran into anything while starring at the read out!

I did my AP30 and AP60 workouts yesterday with it. AP30 is 350watts and AP60 is 320ish. There was 20mph winds from ESE yesterday, that made it difficult to keep power. It was easy going into the wind, but my route took me in and out the wind making lots of gear changes to keep wattage right. I like it! My HR wasn't higher than when doing on the trainer, but PE was slightly higher. On a less windy day, should be better.

Job front... It hasn't been finalized, but chances are good I will be headed to Abu Dhabi for an interview with a national bank. I'd be manager/director of market research and analysis.

So, my February is getting really packed! The week of the 11th will the 24 hour flight to AD and back. I'll spend two days there, one interviewing and the other checking things out. The following two weeks will be spent in Cali training. I plan to drive down and watch the Prologue of the Tour of California @ Stanford. In addition to making the trip south from Lompoc to Solvang to watch the TT a few days later. I still need to confirm with the athletes already in Lompoc that it's cool I crash with them, but it should be. Otherwise, I'll go to Tucson.

I've also been having a fire sale of bikes, parts and wheels. I sold my TT bike and almost have the confirmation that my new TT build will be here next week, as the frame is waiting patiently at AL. If you need a carbon chainring guard (42T) or carbon areo bars (26.0 clamp) let me know...those are the last couple items for sale.
I also have a pair of Blackwell Research 100s I'd like to sell. As well as a pair of 2005 Zipp non-dimpled 404 clinchers. $1200 and $800 respectively.


The Zipps aren't built yet. I have a replacement front rim on its way from Zipp. It'll be laced up with Sapin CX spokes to the original hub.
What else...I don't know. Peace.

No comments: