Whatever, my point is IM's should have a disclaimer before you sign up asking, "Have you completed an IM race in the past two weeks that you are trying to make up for a less than satisfactory performance in by signing up for this race? Yes or No. If, yes, you may not sign at this time. Luckily, I have not fallen into the the trap this year. And last year I had went through all the motions of getting a backdoor spot to Louisville only to come to my senses and not enter after people worked hard to get me in the race.
I almost signed up for Honu to try and get one of two spots to Internationals to Kona... Silly boy. I've backed off and decided that trying to get another race in to get to Kona this year is stupid. I mean, like, packing what is left of my worldly belongings, selling the rest, starting a new job in the Persian Gulf, trying to train in 100+ degree weather, matching humidity, buy a new car, find a place to live, visas, liquor licence, etc isn't enough to get done in the next couple months? Then fly to Kona (36 hours each way) and back...then fly home in Dec (24 hours each way)...
Shit man, that's crazy. So, I've decided to just train when and where I can until things get settled, hopefully by the end of June, peak "hot time." Triathlon season begins over there in October. Training outside in September should work as I plan to race two of the following:
IM Western Australia (12-9-09)
IM Malaysia (2-28-09)
IM South Africa (4-5-09)
IM Australia (4-5-09)
IM Lanzarote (end of May, can't find a '09 date since '08 hasn't happened)
At any rate, I'm going to go run, the first time since AZ. Adductors are a bit sore. I should really find out about those and really do something about them.
The photos are ones my sister took.
No comments:
Post a Comment