Having never "really" moved and lived in somewhere other than Corvallis (for college) and Portland (the other 28 years of my life), this experience is a bit unnerving. Jen has picked up and moved from Ohio, to CO to NY to PDX, each time finding a new job and friends... I've sold damn near everything worth $25 or more and have given away even more to kids on Jen's track team, my family and friends. What do I have left, not much, which is good. Goodwill gets everything else.
I have my two bikes (road and TT), some clothes, bike/run gear and my computer. While I haven't packed it all yet, I don't think I will have more than my bike case, two suitcases, suit bag and a carry-on... So, the answer is 5, 5 boxes, that is what I will start my new adventure with in AD. I should say there are 3 boxes and a surfboard that will reside in the attic of my parents house.
I emailed a friend of on of the pros I stayed with in Lompoc the other day. He says there are several 50m pools available, plus they ride all year long. Sweet! I'm stoked to start training over there and meeting new people. I don't anticipate replacing my training friends from here over there, they are some of the most dedicated, unselfish, nicest and fastest triathlete friends around. I'll miss them all. It's a long ways to visit, but I hope some can make it over. After all, it doesn't rain and the weather in Dec/Jan/Feb is brilliant!
Training...what is that? My season is over, I'm moving to the other side of the world. While I would have loved to carry my fitness from IM over there, I'm resting and not stressing about it. I'll pick it up once I find a home and a car. Plus there has been a lot basketball and beer to drink...
About Me
- Garren
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment