About Me

My photo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oakley Sprint & Super Sprint Triathlon Race Report

I won!  Well, not really.  I was 5th overall with a 1:03:02 (800m-20km-5km).  First place overall was in my division, but removed from it as the OA winner.  And the three other guys were all Masters (over 40).  

I felt decent for the swim, I got out with the lead pack, I think there was 5-6 of us.   Getting into my shoes was harder than it should have been since I didn't rubberband them to my frame (to hold them in place).  As a two 10km loop bike, it was okay.  My watts were down, prolly 20-30 or so as my legs were a bit tired, either from Jebel Hafeet or my 90min run earlier in the week.  Because of that I wasn't able to catch the blokes in front of me, nor was I passed except while getting in my shoes (he won).  

Off the bike in 4th and Kevin, whom I tried in vain to catch last week, stomped by me before the first kilometer was up.  Not good.  Again, wasn't feeling great, legs heavy and barely able to hold 3:45 for the first k.  After that it was over 4min/km.  No one else passed me, but they were getting closer.  I was running a 10km pace in a 5km, not happy, but whatever.  

Meanwhile, Jen was running around the area doing a 30km run!  Her training is coming along nicely for the Dubai Marathon.  The weather still needs to cool down some, and then I think she will be happy as to where she it at.  We plan to run 17m and 24m while at home in PDX...who's coming?  Not sure about the 24m run, but I'll be there in some way or another.  

Prizes.  After winning a night's hotel stay last weekend for 2nd, this weekend I recieved an Oakley baclpack, hat and Oakely Radar-Path sunglasses.  They're pretty sweet if you like Oakleys.  Regardless, good winnings!  

No comments: