I'm having "the best week ever!" I haven't seen that show in while on VH1. I'll have to check my DVR tonight. I got all my pop culture info from it.
Monday:
Solid 2 hour ride and 40 minute run
Tuesday:
Excellent 3600yrd swim and hour run trying to keep up with faster Ironheads uphill!
Wednesday:
Good trainer session with Julie followed by a Trun. Hip flexors a little tight from the high cadence work in aero on the TT bike. I plan to do all the trainer sessions on my TT bike. And if the weather holds on Saturdays, those rides will also be on the TT bike. I did upper body weights at lunch
Thursday:
3100yrd swim at lunch with an hour run (some hill repeats by Duniway track) after work. Also went to see "Stranger than Fiction." Not bad, funny at times, but also a bit slow.
Friday:
Yoga after work followed by a quick ride. I also plan to patch some tubes tonight. I had three flats the other weekend, not fun!
Saturday:
5 hour, 75 mile, 6500' ascent and two county signs! Great ride. I rode out to the hosts house on top of Mt. Scott, nice little 1000' warm-up climb. We had awesome views of Mt. Hood allday riding in east county out towards Sandy. A bit windy and never really was at our backs until climbing back up to their house. We found a new bike path that goes straight up the backside, brutal! I missed my swim before the ride though. I started to get a sharp pain on the outside of my left knee towards the end, too much climbing i think. I foam rolled, iced and ibuprohened before bed. I was a little worried about running, but it doesn't hurt to run...
Sunday:
Meet some folks at Forest Park for the two hour run. We ran out to Saltzman, up to Wildwood for the return. I was getting grumpy and inpatient after 2 hours, so we dropped down on Alder Trail. It was 1.5 miles back to the gate still. I wanted Dogwood (.5 miles back), but couldn't wait. Ended up being 2:15 run, about 16 miles we guessed. Knee only hurt slightly when going downhill fast. Thats good. As i rode the fixie to the gym later to lift, after my run, it still hurt, just the motion, I was pedaling with only my right leg! I couldn't do leg press or squats, all other excersises were fine.
Summary:
Planned Time 22:15
Actual Time 21:21
Swim Distance 6700
Bike Distance 131 - this seems so low...
Run Distance 41.1
About Me
- Garren
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment