Workout recap so far... My legs are tired...
Tuesday:
70 minute swim with some "fun" 16x25. 1-4 were fly, 5-8 back, 9-12 breast and 13-16 free. I about drowned on the flys trying to go fast as instructed. I swallowed a bunch of water and had to stop in the middle of the 3rd one! The rest was good.
My run at lunch was hard. Legs heavy and HR depressed. 40 minutes, 5 miles.
I went to PIR and raced the 3/4 race. Guinness teammates Jay and new guy David, whom I both happen to work with raced with me. It was David's first raced and he had fun while Jay just sprang off the front whenever he could to try and tire the group out so I could win. He did his best, but RiverCity wasn't having any of it and chase almost everything. With three laps to go (1.9mile loop) Jay got away and we made eye contact and I should have jumped to get his wheel. I didn't have it. If I would have gone, I would have pulled everyone up to him. No pop in the legs today after the TT Champs two days ago. He stayed away until turn 9...so close. It was fun and we got drunk at Amnesia afterwards!
Wednesday:
Another heavy leg, depressed HR run. 50mins, ~6 miles along the waterfront. Moved 90 min ride to Thursday and lifting I skipped...
Thursday:
Meet Jay, Patrick (http://pennyforathought.org/) and David for an early Skyline, Zoo, West Hills ride and coffee. Legs are still heavy on the hills, but good speed and comfortable on the flats. 90mins.
So here's the video of me starting the OBRA TT Champs on Sunday...
And the finish...
About Me
- Garren
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment