Son-of-a-Bitch!!! My post was just deleted when I tried to change the font and size!!! So, now ya'll get the abbreviated version of my post while I snack on Peanut M&Ms.
On this Hallows Eve I have finally settled on what is ailing me, sports hernia. My PT, Aubree, told me this two months ago, but I shrugged it off for some reason. I was thinking other type of hernia... At any rate, this is the culprit for my back as well. My low back has been overcompensating for the lack of strength in my abs and groin. Fitting, that I know am cancelling not only Cyclocross racing, officially, but also my trip to Clearwater for the 70.3 Championships. My family and I will be out some money, but it's the best thing for me and my goals going into 2008. I've decided to train full time, so now is the time not to go to a race I wasn't crazy about and get injured some more and push recovery back another 3 weeks or more. Take the time now and get it back slowly. I have over 3 weeks to get healthy before I am 20 weeks out. I won't need 6 months to go fast on the bike or swim, but I will for the run, and quite frankly, the run will decide which step of the podium I stand on.
I've taken 2 weeks off, completely now, it's time to start testing out the three disciplines, one each day for a week, easy, real easy. Which is exciting, it will get me out of the house and doing something. It's been hard to actively recover at home. I've been moving stuff for weeks now, I just want it to be done!
Coincidentally, there is a post on Slow Twitch covering Sports Hernias, just posted today!
Back to work on the Ironheads Race Calendar...
About Me
- Garren
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment