Welcome to rehab...the boredom and isolation is on your left, if you need anything, wait until you're done icing... Kinda what I feel think some days.
I'm really not that bored, yet. I'm trying my best to ice, some heat, physical therapy, chiro and massage therapy as much as I can. It's not easy. Yes, I said it, the unemployed guy with nothing but time...there's a time sucker somewhere and I'm going to find it!!!
After two total weeks off (at least 5 pounds gained, sweet!) I'm back to putting in 8-10 hours a week with basically one workout a day, easy. I've also picked up some water core exercises that I am doing, plus daily ab work and every other day plank/side plank (the tiny ab muscles) work. Seems to be helping, back is better, abs are less sore, groin is nearly pain free. A couple more weeks and I should be good to go! I'm 22 weeks out this Sunday.
I've worked the past two days with my father, some property maintenance stuff. We demo'd a front porch and installed a new tongue-and-groove one. Painted it today. Nothing think manual labor. It's good to spend time with my dad. Don't do enough of that.
Diet is coming along slowly. I'll need to start cutting out sugars, more wheat products and start limiting my beer/alcohol consumption over the next couple weeks as I get back into it.
Since, I'm not working, I plan to park the car (since it just cost me $400 today) as of today and see if I can't get through 30 days without using it. I picked up a borrowed pannier rack to throw on the fixie for commuting to the gym, yoga, etc... Should be a good thing. I was thinking of selling it, but that wouldn't be the best thing for me...I'd miss it and as soon as I found a job inthe spring, i'd be pissed I didn't have it. So I resist the urge! I was pissed when I sold this...how sweet would it be to still have it? My
current car isn't as cool, but in VW circles it's a stellar example of a mkII... and I KNEW my GLi emblem had been stolen!!!
current car isn't as cool, but in VW circles it's a stellar example of a mkII... and I KNEW my GLi emblem had been stolen!!!I wish I could find my '00 Jetta that I sold to get the bug...I regret that sale as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment