In other news, I ran the Vancouver Lake Half Marathon on sunday. Wasn't too bad, and I am not terribly sore. I started out too fast, with only 300 people and reviewing last years times, I knew I could start up front, so i did. I knew I had to let the fast guys go, but it was hard and my HR was in check. And of course my PE was fine at the start! After missing the first mile marker I got the split at 2, 12:20 something...whoops. My plan of 6:45 and then drop to 6:30 at some point wasn't working very well. The next few miles were settling in about 6:30/35 and HR was still in check ~165. Then comes mile 6-7-8, the hardest miles of a half, i think. PE was creeping up and legs were getting heavier. I missed mile 8 and hit my split at 9...14:20ish...crap I was running 7:10!!! I think my HR had dropped to 158 at that point (must have drifted off and lost concentration). Upon further review, mile 8-9 was long. So I picked it up as the 3rd place women passed me. Back to 6:45 were i stayed until 11 at which point I began to pick it up further. Mile 12 was 6:30 and mile 13 was 6:15 passing a current Ironhead and ex-Ironhead on my way to a 1:27:15 PR. The goal was 1:25, so i was close. I am pleased with the performance considering I am still not 100% with the adductors and low ab issues.
About Me
- Garren
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nice work out there Garren, good to see you as well! I think I am going to race the Beaver Freezer this year!
Anyways, hope to see you around but if you move out of the country I cant wait to see what its like training and racing in that climate!
-Monda
You better reg for the Freezer on Friday...it closes fast. Opens Feb 1st. Good luck, you'll run down anyone, just make sure Mark has you cycling so you don't need to!
That's a nice time for this of year and that course isn't the easiest..congrats on the PR!!
Post a Comment