About Me

My photo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So What About Me?

I'm doing well, I read a lot of shit everyday in several papers as well as BusinessWeek and Economist about the GCC region. It's all very interesting and exciting.

I'm hoping that the iPhones get here soon, stores are saying by the end of the month. It's not legally sold here, but there are stores that have the old ones, which are legal either. Apparently Switzerland and France are selling them (it's rolled out to 50+ countires this time) unlocked and that's where the majority of the backmarket phones come from. We'll see, they will be at least 2200 dirham ($600) and that would be fine with me, since that's what it would cost to buy unlocked in the States.

The Disco I'm borrowing is starting to shake like somethings misaligned. Maybe going over curbs everyday to park in dirt lots has something to do with it. I thinking this time next week I will be rolling in the new ride! It's offically in the country, in Dubai port on it's way to the dealer there.

It's a rest day for the Tour, so I'm bloggin' away. I should put more in before the next rest day. It's been a good Tour so far. American riders and teams are representing well. I'm really hoping Vandevelde on Garmin-Chipotle stays on the podium between now and Paris.

My new big thing is going to the Tour next year. I think if Jen and I plan it right we can do Ironman France, hang out and take our time getting to the first stage or prologue, plus a stage or two, three before we bolt for the States at which point I will race the Cascade Classic stage race in Bend! That's not too much is it? Just a run-on sentence.

That's about it. I might have some training news next time. I plan to ride Friday morning with some folks instead of doing another Summer Sizzler in Dubai - same day - I need to ride rather than run and swim as fast as I can. Plus I will be in Dubai Sunday or Mondat to get my car anyway.

No comments: