About Me

My photo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Week of December 11th ReCap

Sched 19:05
Actual 16:12

Missed saturday morning swim, 45mins of the bike and strength on Sunday. The hours are taking bit of a toll early in the season...

Saturday ride was good though. Rode with Veloshop. We went to Sauvie Island for some paceline work. County signs record: 1-1. After that I went out to Rocky Point (3+ miles, 7%+) for some fun. Sub 25mins up, HR below 160.
Yoga with Uma in the Pearl was great on Friday. Her studio is sponsoring Veloshop which is very cool. Discount yoga! Hell yeah. Although I'll miss Monica @ Root Whole Body, I'll deal.

Swim TT: 2000 in 29 and change. 1:27 per 100yards. Not my fastest time, but good for only swimming a couple weeks again now.

Run VO2 Max: Mark Kendall @ Speedshot Racing did my follow test to earlier this year. I tested out at 71...but this time, and incredibly I tested out @ 78!!! Thats freaking elite level shit. I'm suspecting his equipement may be faulty. But it doesn't matter, it's the other data that I am concerned with. I'm at 75% of my threshold. My fat v. carbohydrate burning is about 7:30 pace...I'll have all the details as soon as i get them emailed from Mark.

Long Run: 115 minutes - from my house to the new Sprinwater corridor bridge. The new bridge is pretty cool. I ran through Oaks Bottom to get there. It's nice to have a little dirt to run on for the long runs. Oaks PArk still has the old school steam train giving rides from OAks Park to OMSI. It's funny to see the same old guys taking photos of the train an hour later as I run by them again. I bet they are out there all day...must be super train freaks.

Scott, my coach got back to me today about not doing Wildflower Half a couple weeks before Brazil IM. I was wondering when he would tell me that. He thought I was testing him, funny stuff. So, now I am looking for Oly or so a couple weeks out from Brazil...havent found one yet.

No comments: