So, after sitting, no literally, on my ass since two Fridays ago getting over the flu, I'm back. Went for a little off road fun on the cross bike today and it was awesome. Something about getting dirty and riding through town while people stare is fulfilling. There's a big week for me this week, it's been awhile since I have put in some volume, at least it feels that way. I was very frustrated last week and Scott helped me get my head on straight.
Apparently, the HR women at Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank resigned, so the official job offer is still coming. My contact is out of the office in Dubai this week and can't bug the department to get things moving. That just pushes my launch date to the Gulf back a bit. Which is fine, it's a big step. I did sign up to defend my title at Hawthorne Farms Sprint, May 3rd.
I'm gluing new tubulars on this week as well. Such fun. My new 808 rear wheel, with PT hub, tire, skewer and SRAM Red cassette weighs in at 1500g, while the front is just over 700 with tire and skewer. So, not bad, but kinda heavy. I kinda wish I had gone with an SRM, but then I would need two still...I can still easily transfer the PT from training bike, to race bike to TT bike.
Speaking of race bike. I've ordered a custom Guinness Veloforma with SRAM Force build. Should be two weeks or so for that. Awesome! I'll put up the Cannondale for sale as soon as it arrives. I sold my Zipps, that helps the pocket book since the employment department is asking questions and not paying me right now. I might need to pick up a few more shifts at PRC if this keeps up!
About Me
- Garren
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment