After good 1h30m ride up Jalama in Lompoc, I packed up and drove in the afternoon sun! Chris and Sara are great people and I wish them well in their training and racing this year.
I got the car washed, vacuumed and shampooed before I left, nice and clean makes the drive easier for me (feels like I go faster!). Left town @ 11am, couple quick stops to get gas, food and a chair massager... However, the massager is 120v and Jen's car's plug is only 115v. Also, I found out today that you need to press a switch to turn on the plug...maybe it would have worked. All I know is that it works very well as I sitting here typing. It also keeps me in an upright, better posture position.
So, 16 hours later @ 3am I arrived to PDX last night, er, this morning. I stopped every couple to do one of the following or permutation there of: 1) eat 2) piss 3) fuel. Good times. I have to say, driving 80mph+ the whole way home in CA, makes driving 55mph in PDX seem, well, pedestrian.
I leave @ 1:45 tomorrow afternoon for Abu Dhabi, to interview for a market research position with ADCB.
About Me
- Garren
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment