About Me

My photo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE

Monday, June 09, 2008

My Flat Still Isn't Clean!

I went to my place again today to drop off bedding and a fridge and the place still isn't clean. I kinda laid into the watchmen to get his boss to get the place cleaned up. The granite guys made a huge mess on top of the dust everywhere and painting mess. We'll see what happens...the watchmen will prolly charge me double to have my car washed once a week...oh well...


Gas is somewhere around $1.50/gallon...it's gone up a bit recently.


Here's photo of some money and my license.
I forgot to mention my ride last Friday morning! Ya'll know it's hot as shit here, right, well in order to beat the heat we ride at 3:30am... That's right, 3:30am, meaning I got up at 2:45, rolled out the hotel lobby @ 3am to ride down the Corniche to meet the people by 3:30. He said it was a 150km, 32kph ride... not exactly on all accounts. It ended up being 170km (105miles) and 35kph (20mph) ride. It was 87 degrees at 3am...it was nearly 100 by 9:30 when I got back. That was too hot, plus a solid 40-50% humidity makes it that much more fun. That was too long and hot of a ride for my first long ride here. The roads were empty except in the beginning when there were several Mercedes and BMWs flying down the highway we were on towards the airport. It was a good ride though. Pretty sure I will ride this Friday am as well.

It's pretty "dusty" here today...blowing sand really. Which is good since the heat and humidity is lower, but it's like being in LA on a really smoggy day.

Apparently you guys can see my last post about shawarmas, but I can't any idea why?!?

2 comments:

Julie Browning said...

Hey Garren,

Good to bump into you on the flight over to Amsterdam. I had a great time in Italy. Got to see some of the Giro. Enjoying reading about your latest adventures.

Take care,
-Julie

Garren said...

Good to run into you as well! Good luck on the graphic design biz. I really hope it works out for you and Team Sales can be a thing of the past!