I finally got my license and have been driving all weekend. Drove to Dubai twice already. The 200 dirham bill is a cool orange. So, about Dubai, holy shit there are a lot of building half built. I saw the tallest building, still being built. You can barely see it in the next photo. The second day you could see the Burj Al Arab (sail-looking hotel) from the highway. The Ski Dubai is right off the freeway as well, what an eye sore.
The first trip to Dubai was to the airport to drop off my director. She's headed to Istanbul for a few days. Really nice hotel on the water I guess.
The second trip was to good one...put a deposit on a car...R32 baby!!! So, yeah, the dealer in Abu Dhabi has two of them coming but dark colors and leather...not in the this climate. Dubai has a 2009 Reflex Silver, 4dr one coming in 30-45 days. No sunroof, leather or navigation, but everything else is golden - bi-Xenon lights, two zone climatronic, cooler glove box and killer Recaro seats. I was also looking at the GTI and Tiguan, but they are all gone for at least 3 months, can't wait that long, so I settled for an R32...oh well.I've ordered a bunch of furniture from IKEA and Home Centre. The kicker is that it will all be delivered on the 22nd and 23rd... My flat remains empty still. I have no idea what I am going to do about a bed. It's part of the order, along with a couch, desk, TV stand, mattress, end table and dining room set (cool tall table with stools). I've been looking around at TVs...buying a TV sucks. I've settled on something around 40" LCD 1080p...just need to fgure how important the refresh rate and if the Samsung 6Hz is enough of only 10 will do for sports. I plan on getting every sports channel the cable company offers...Im getting my football (soccer) fill if it kills me! Haven't ordered cable yet, need to decide between two providers. The new kid in town, Du, is rumored to begin HD programmes soon. I might go with them for that, otherwise my 1080p TV is not worth it. I suppose if I get a PS3 it would be...
Here's a few photos of my flat...the living room/kitchen and the bedroom. If you look on google maps, my flat doesn't exist...so I guess it is new-ish. The roof is open to us as well, I need to get a BBQ and a foosball table!
3 comments:
I have really enjoyed reading your blog entries. Keep them coming. Go 1080! I can't wait to see the pics of the R32. I'm jealous. Hope all is well.
Dude,
How much is gas per gallon (liter) there...
ciav
You are such a mack daddy with all your new stuff, love reading about it! Can't wait to see the R32 Car-whatever that is-it sounds cool. Enjoy your new adventures. Riding at 3:30am though? Holy Smokes! That is bruttle. Cheers.
Post a Comment