About Me

My photo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Week of March 12th, 2007

Well, I think I start of most of my posts like that...so yeah, I got my Polar 725x back finally! I sent it in to get fixed and they sent me a new one. The buttons were missing, so there was water damage. Most cost, well, just a new strap. Awesome!

Quad is feeling better! PT this morning was very nice (said in your best Borat accent). I'll get another treatment on Thursday and see where it goes from there. I just have some delayed muscle soreness from running down Thurman street on Sunday.

Monday:
Lunch swim, nice and easy 4200 yards. The long 400yd kick was good to flush out the soreness in the legs. I think my new stroke is a bit off. I feel like I am using too much shoulder and not enough lat. During the pulls today, I concentrated on engaging my lats sooner. Worked out well.
Nice easy spin home. Say what you will about George W. but I'm diggin the extra day light, esp. since I'm training for early season races.

Tuesday:
Up at the crack of dawn to ride to work. Go thing Brian *Mr Squats* Ecker is riding with me on these early mornings, cuz I won't be getting up early otherwise or I'd be calling in to "Revolutionize The Workplace" and work from home.
Lunch swim of 4*1000 sets (700swim, 200back, 100breast). I stopped doing the breaststroke kick and substituted it with the dolphin kick. Brillant! Saves the knees. I ened up swimming the 700 @ 1:22ish pace the whole day. Felt easy to moderate.
Easy run around waterfront after work (5 miles)

Wednesday:
Run - missed
Swim - 40 minute, easy 2800 yards
Bike trainer class
- forgot shoes at home, left early to get a threshold workout in at home, but stupid Tacx Flow isn't picking up a signal, so I got pissed. Skipped it all! Not good, but it was just one of those days.

Thursday:
Run - Ran to the gym from work to do some intervals on the treadmill. I did 15*3min @ 7:15 (8.3mph) with one minute off between. HR was 153 (+/- 3 beats) avg with maxHR being 163 during the intervals.
Swim - 3500 yards, 1 hour, nothing special. Shoulder was a bit sore, going to PT tomorrow for it now that my quad is fine.
Lift (lower body) - skipped since I didn't get up in time to run first, cause lifting before the speed workout was bad news last week. No bike home, drove, Modest Mouse concert to go to. It was a good show, they were good performers.

Friday:
No riding in today, drove.
Yin Yoga - 75 minutes, so good. Hips are always so tight and I stretch them out real good in yin

Saturday:
Swim - skipped because of shoulder (on recommendation of PT)
Ciaverella's Ride - super good ride out towards Sandy River. Ended up with 60 miles and 5000' ascent (4:15). I went easy as I was racing the next day.
Lift (upperbody) - skipped
Run - Ran a couple loops around Ciaveralla house. Gained almost another 1000' running!

Sunday:
Banana Belt Brick - Since I missed last weeks with a sore quad I was eager to race. The race started off in typical slow fashion. The first two laps I was near or in the front. Pulled a few wannabe breakaways in. Nobody seemed to get on the ball to catch the breakaways. Got some props for pulling those guys in by fellow riders, a first for me. I sat back on the third lap to conserve energy for the last lap. It took me too long to get back to the front on the fourth lap and I wasn't in a good position headed to the final kilometer. I was pushed out by another rider and lost position, by then it was 200m and shit was everywhere, chaos. Legs were snappy, but I had nowhere to go. Two teammates were behind me, but they had nowhere to go either. Average HR 157, MAX 182.
The run afterwards was much better then the one last time. Legs felt better, but heavy still. The return leg was good, felt fine. Average HR 146, MAX 162 for the run of 30 minutes. Cut short because of yesterday and todays efforts.

Weekly Totals:

Actual Time 16:40
Planned Time 20:20
Swim Distance 14700 yd
Bike Distance 145 mi
Run Distance 24.31 mi

No comments: