This week is somewhat of a recovery week after AZ and the TT. Although I have a bike race, Banana Belt on Sunday. I should really update more often than once a week. There are lots I am forgetting...
Monday:
day off
Tuesday:
3400 yard swim, that's it! Should have rode, but apparently I didn't...
Wednesday:
3300 yard swim at lunch.
Bike trainer class, 75mins, solid effort with HR held sub 150 beats.
Easy 5.5 mile run - not when I did this today...
Thursday:
I rode a couple hours in the morning...30 miles
Lifted weights later that evening
Friday:
90 min ride in the morning and a run at lunch...
Monster set swimming...WU: 200E, 200 (back/breast), 4*100 r10s (as 25fly,25ba,50free), 200E, MS: 8*50 (3 MH r10s, 1 max r30s), 800 steady, 6*50H (r10s), 600 steady, 4*50 Paddles, 400 steady, 2*50 (as 25 sprint, 25E), CD: 200E; Total: 4100 yards
Saturday:
Skipped the swim in the morning before the ride and the upper body weights. Left shoulder was sore and irritated this week. Thought this was wise, plenty of time to make this up.
3 hour ride to Oregon City, nice and easy.
I went to my 'hood in East County to run around Glendoveer Golf Course. I used to run around this 2ish mile barkdust trail all the time growing up when conditioning for soccer. I ran three loops, seemed much easier than I remember, smaller too.
Finally did my taxes today too!
Sunday: Banana Belt #1 (First in a series of Three)
My race was at noon, Cat 4. There were over 70 riders to start. I had no idea where I would measure up in this race. It's a four lap (11 miles, 600' elevation gain each lap) race. I've been shelled off the back many times in previous years. Not so this year. It started slow, slow enough that 6 miles into the race I found myself with a 50 meter gap. I said fuck it, and went for it. There was a crash shortly after I solo'd away, so that helped stretch it out to over 90 seconds. The peloton cuaght me a lap later. Fun while it lasted. I should do that later in the race next time, but the gap caught me off gaurd, so I went for it. Meanwhile, back in the pack, I stayed close to the front and hung on to sprint out the finish coming in 10th. Not bad for a triathlete. Next week I plan to sit in and solo away at the end.
Actual Time 16:38
Planned Time 16:58
Swim Distance 10800 yd
Bike Distance 125 mi
Run Distance 21.6 mi
Race Distance 44 mi
About Me
- Garren
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment