Well, this week started off really well through thursday...then went downhill from there. I lifted in the am, swam @ lunch and did a speedwork on the treadmill out in the pm. After the dreadmill workout (proper warm-up and 12x3min @ HIM pace (7:30)) i was feeling a bit of a sharp pain in the middle of my quad. Hmmm, strained or something. It got pretty sharp as i tried to run home and cooldown. So I walked and went by Jamba Juice for a recovery drink. This threw my whole weekend off. I got PT Friday afternoon, felt decent, but not that much better.
Monday:
Easy 42min run in the morning aroudn the waterfront
3400yrd swim (40mins) @ lunch
Easy 2 hour run home from LO 24 hour. It was a great day to be outside, nice and warm. It was also very cool to run the route I usually ride home on. It ended up being close to 15 miles home. Good run with a 1000' ascent.
Tuesday:
Easy spin to my car in LO. 15 miles
Drill, pull, paddle swim of 3100yards. I didn't have any bands for my feet, but i do now!
Wednesday:
Easy 5 mile run @ lunch
I had on tap an LT intervals, but I still have Julie Brownings class. So I did that. We worked on power. Lots of huge gear, 100% efforts for 15 seconds up to 30secs, alternating seated and standing. Also did several from a complete stop to simulate starts. You didn't realize CCX practive started in March did you?
Thursday:
Today was the disaster for the quad. Morning leg lift routine (3x20 sets). Lunch swim was big, 4400 yards.
I rode home with the quad in pain as well. It was okay, probably shouldn't have, but I did. I also meet up with the folks going to Brazil. I paid my desposit, now I just need a plane ticket, a visa and to enter the race...
Friday:
Easy spin to work
Left work early to get quad treated and then headed to yin yoga. I love yin yoga. I almost fall asleep every pose, it's great. My hips are very tight this week...
Saturday:
Skipped am swim. Lazy, no excuses...
I met a fellow IH, Bill, at his place in Beaverton for an easy spin to Hagg Lake. Sorta drizzled on and off all day. Finally found the road (Roy Road) that I always seem to miss when I've tried to get to Hagg Lake. Now I know. Quad was good for most of the ride. We ended up with 62 miles in 3:40ish or something. Anyway, the quad was prety sore and tight by the end. Skipped Trun. Went home to ice, foam roll and strech the shit out of it. Oh and ibuprophen.
Sunday:
I decided yesterday that there was no Banana Belt #2 today for me. There was no way I was going to risk fully tearing the quad for a bike race. The greater the force when riding, the more it hurt. All the climbing would have tore it up. Good call. It actually felt good today, so I ventured to run figuring I should be working on my weaknesses. The plan was for a 4 mile juant around the waterfront. I ended up feeling good and running to the Thurman Gate and home (11.5 miles in 90 mins). Solid day, warm and humid. More icing, streching, yin yoga and soaking at the Kennedy School.
I got all my hours in, but I was still a swim session short, over on yoga, short on run and no bike race (but the miles were there)
Actual Time 21:25
Planned Time 19:39
Swim Distance 10300 yd
Bike Distance 152 mi
Run Distance 45.5 mi
About Me
- Garren
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment