In the double digits! I had an awesomely scenic run today up from Lake Cachuma to Camino Cielo over looking Santa Barbara and the Channel Islands. Nice and steep, like 1500', took me 65minutes to get where it didn't climb anymore. Then 45mins to get down and my quads were so jelly, I wanted to walk, but it hurt just as bad, so I continued to run.
Yes, I stopped in Solvang again, and got a fantastic cookie. Dipped in dark and white chocolate with a raspberry filling, brilliant. And a loaf of cinnamon bread to take home to Jen.
Evening swim was fine, legs tired as I looked like I was towing two anchors, not legs...
I leave tomorrow after a 2h ride and 1h swim at lunch. I plan to get to Redding or so before dark, we'll see. I also want to find a Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond or somewhere that has this HoMedics massage chair thingy that Sara bought. It's awesome. I've got a 115w plug in the car, that would be so nice for the drive. Massage cushion, compression socks and water...I'd be Golden, CO.
Thanks Leanne for the swim comments, I think I know waht part of my catch to work on. I have a pretty big dead spot there. Aside from that, my left arm crosses the center line a wee bit. Thanks to Chris for taking a look and giving me some pointers.
My new TT helmet...
1 comment:
Drive safe man! Definitely strap on the compression garb... and that massage thing sounds AWESOME!
Breathe....
Post a Comment