October 16th will go down in history as one of the worst runs I have ever had. I set out to do my typical loop around the waterfront (4.1 miles). Started fine, then got a sideache that never went away. That's not true, it went away while I did stairs...WTF? I did 4 sets of stairs, single step, double, triple then single again. Only about 50 stairs in each set. That's about half of what I normally do (stairs off of Terwilliger). They felt fine, I'm doing them for cross. Sideache came back after that and never went away. Brutal run, HR was high, left watch and HRM at home, on purpose. I dont' plan to run with it for awhile. I need to start running daily. This "off-season" is all about running frequency. Offical training won't start until December, I think. I'll need to check with Blue Moose.
I've taken plenty of time off since IMC. Too much in my opinion. My bike and run fitness is shot. I'm thinking it will come back just fine. It did last year after even more time off.
I've signed up, well hopefully, with Breakaway Training to do a once a week sign class taught by Julie Browning. It's a great way to get on the trainer and have a good workout. Trainer workouts are tough to right. Plus, it's a great way to focus on the basics again - pedal stroke, cadence, etc... It'll help for cross as well. Four weeks of cross left. I need to place well in each one to have a shot at an overall placing. I started well in Hood River with a 3rd...then a DNF...
I need to spice up this blog a little...before i start in for IMB training.
About Me
- Garren
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment