Chandler, AZ - 60 degrees and a bit rainy...
We drove up to Phoenix, the Arizona Biltmore Golf Course. Parked at this mall with a coffee shop, for afterwards. Started the run by running across the 13th fairway to get to the Biltmore road leading to the canal. Ran by a home for sale, $20M, and also Charles Barkley's place. Once on the dirt road next the canal, we had a nice head wind. I had two hours to do, and Bill only 90mins. He turned around @ 45 as I continued on. Made it to Scottsdale about 7.5 and turned around. I was planning on a sweet tailwind, but it decided to be a headwind some more! Bastards! After a few miles it quit and turned back around to tailwind. Sprinkled a bit and then started raining pretty hard as I reached the coffee shop.
Afternoon plan was a 3 hour bike ride...but the rain had other ideas. We got ready looking for it to quit and dry out. It dries fast, but never stopped with the very quick, scattered showers/downpours...Bastards! Gametime decision was made to go to pilates and lift to make use of the day and Red Bull. Jen and Bill had lots of fun at pilates, they've never done it before. They liked it, but also realized they need core work!
Grilled chicken, cous cous, salad and bread for dinner.
About Me
- Garren
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment