Chandler, AZ - 77 degrees...
Woke up 7am for a 8am ride departure. Temperature check was a bit chilly, it's the desert afterall. Arm warmers and wind vest were in order, or so I thought. About 20 minutes later I stripped the vest and arms. While very overcast, the few some spots that exisited, made it very warm, very quick, VERY nice.
The ride scheduled was 5 hours. We picked a ride that went north towards Salt River over Usery Pass and back to town. It was a stop light fest on the way and back...not used to that. We dont have to go through that much in Portland. It's pretty easy to get out fo town and fast. Not here, not without driving. Oh the Pass, what pass? We didn't even climb a 1000'!!! Terrible. Well, after 3 hours and all the climbing done, the knee began to tweak. I made the decision to head back and not do more than necessary today. An hour later we were home and 70 under the belt.
I messed around with position on the TT bike today after my knee bagan hurting. I figured out earlier that my position is forward, like its supposed to be and my other bikes aren't. Tomorrow before the ride, I will adjust my seatpost back a bit. That should help.
I bonked a bit today too. Not sure if the heat was the issue or not. Or just the travel, or the lack of sleep, or the head cold I"m getting over or what? Can you say basket case?
After the ride we ran 47 mins for about 5.5 miles running around Octillo Golf Course. There are some large Spanish Villa houses in there. The first half of the run SUCKED! We didn't go right away after the ride or a lot later, kinda half assed Trun. I had smoothie before and lots of water.
Dinner was at Jen's sisters house. Bill made spaghetti sauce, which was good. Played some Wii and had a beer, cupcake and ice cream too! Off to bed on the blow up mattress!
I hope to get some photos of the place and rides for the rest of the week.
About Me
- Garren
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment