I guess that's what happens when you put in 25 hour training weeks. It doesn't give much time for updating your blog, grocery shopping, laundry, etc, etc.
July 13 - 45 minute run and a three hour Big Gear bike workout.
July 14 - 60 min run and 2 hour recovery ride.
July 15 - 95 mile bike. Spun out "Dirty 30" to St. Helens with a lap around Sauvie Island each way. Had a sweet tailwind coming home. Only five hours total time.
July 16 - 2.5 hour run in Forest Park. This was a good run for me, 18 miles. Didn't get the recover spin in afterwards...
July 17 - 35 mile spin and a swim
July 18 - Easy hour spin home from work, 20m, with a tack workout that afternoon. 4x400, 1x1mile and 2x2mile @ 6:45 pace. I won the mental game today, wanted to quit really bad after first repeat.
July 19 - Spin to work, Solid 16 x 200m swim repeats - these were really good @ 1:27 - 1:30 pace on the 3:20. Followed that up with a 40 minute run after work. Really tough run, really hot.
July 20 - Easy run at lunch, but super hot. Got a free massage from the massage school across the street. I got a creeping dude, hopefully i can get a woman next time. He had good pressure, but terrible technique and transitions. Anyway, afterwork I did BG intervals up Old Germantown Road. 5 min each of aero, seated and standing. I had to adjust a bit since OGR isn't long enough...
July 21 - Hour run @ 1pm --> Bloody Hell it was hot, about 95 already. Guess what? I still needed to ride for two easy hours. I spun out to Sauvie and around. Crazy humid patches out there. The clouds started to roll in a cool things down aside from the humidity. Wasn't looking forward to riding in the same heat for 5 hours the next day.
July 22 - Fortunately, the heat wasn't around today. We actually got rained on a bit, but still humid with the cloudy cover. Spun 40m with fellow Ironheads as KH was doing the infamous DD brick. When they ran for 6m, I did my one and only 45 min interval. Legs were tired and HR depressed. My resting HR these two weeks has been below 50 (within 8 beats of my normal resting HR), but still tired, a deep tired. Doesn't help I haven't slept more than 6 hours a night since Wednesday. Concert, etc... Jurassic 5 was pretty good. Oh, before I rode, I swam. Supposed to be 4000meters, but I didn't have the arms. Went 2000m and stopped, running late for the ride anyway.
July 23 - The culmination of these two weeks is a THREE hour run! Ended up pretty good. I dropped a coke @ mile 4 and Gatorade @ 6 and turned around at 10 miles in to Forest Park. The coke helped, could have used water instead of Gatorade in the end. I carried the bottles in and left them there. My hour recovery ride was on the mountain bike to pick those up. Freakin; 100 degrees when I rode!
Damn! What a two week period. Looking forward to Tuesday and Wednesday total rest days before I drive to Sonoma for Vineman 70.3 race. I'm leaving Thursday sometime. I have an important meeting Thursday morning...thinking I'm skipping the "marketing event" for work that afternoon.
Landis is a freakin' stud! I may not have time to wash clothes or buy food, but with DVR, there is always time to watch TdF!
About Me
- Garren
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment