I'm supposed to rest today, but since I took my car to the shop last night, I don't have a choice but to ride to work this morning. 20 miles, 70mins. I took a new way south from Tualatin - went left on Sagart then right south on 65th to Elligsen. 65th has a few hills in it, but still climbing out of downtown on Barbur and then 65th only got me 1250' of climbing. Felt like a lot more. I pushed the HR too high too, oops. I'm getting a ride home today.
Just read a crazy article in Wired "Pinch My Ride." It's about car thieves stealing "unstealable" cars with transponders. My favorite bit is about the Civic Hybrids, it has a cheat code, like video games, made up of e-brake pulses and ignition turns, and viola! You're in! After you smash the window or use a "jiggle key" (a key with shaved bumps). Crazy huh? It's like playing Contra all over again!
I leave tomorrow afternoon for Santa Rosa. I'm visiting a good friend from college at his families vineyard, Lamborn Family Vineyards. Should be fun. I'm doing that Friday afternoon, then doing race check in/prepare on Saturday before the race Sunday. Water temps were 81 degrees! No wetsuit, that will be a new one for me. Never have I swam an open water swim without a wetsuit. I hope the next time will be in Kona! There are 5 or 6 Ironheads going this year already, I hope to one.
Contra kicked ass! So did RC Pro Am!
About Me
- Garren
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment