My coach said I needed some legs for this workout. 5 hour ride with 3 - 45 minute intervals (below IM and 2 at IM pace) followed by a 20 minute hill climb! Still reeling from no sleep and poor nutrition over the past week, I was a bit worried and took my time getting ready for this one. Slept in and didn't get started until late morning. I did the intervals at Sauvie Island (6+ times around) and rode up Logie Trail from HWY30 for the climb - brutal! I've never ridden Logie from the north side of Skyline, now I know why! Steep switchbacks at the top after being lulled into thinking it's easy because the first bit is mild. I followed the ride up with a t-run for an hour (6 miles). I picked up my pace for 20 minutes in the middle. Tough but good. Ran into a fellow Ironhead who was riding. He's got Lake Placid IM in a week or so. He'll tear shit up!
Came home and took off immediately to my brothers college graduation party at my parents. He just got back from Europe (Germany and Ireland). Wasn't able to get into a WC game, but drank lots of Guinness at the factory. Bastard didn't find me a T-Mo hat over there...oh well.
About Me
- Garren
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment