About Me

My photo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

July 24th - Start of Rest Week

I have race coming up this weekend - Vineman 70.3 in Windsor, CA. This is the last race before IM Canada. It will serve as the final test of my IM pacing and nutrition.

Vineman 70.3 Goals:
S: 30mins
B: 2:45
R: 1:53

These are exactly half of my IM goals. While these are not fast for a Half IM, there are for an IM. The effort for these times should feel "easy" and able to sustain the effort for double the distance. Only in the last 5k of the run will I pick things up if I feel good. The danger of racing at half IM speeds is not being able to recover for Canada. I'll have four weeks exactly from this race to recover. I don't want to spend any extra time recovering from Vineman than I have too. Canada is priority.

Today is had an easy swim. It felt okay, not great.
WU: 500m
MS: 5 x 300m on 5min @ 1:32 pace
CD: 300 easy

My recovery ride consisted riding the fixie to have drinks with friends and home. Only on pint though. I am cutting that down in the next five weeks. As well as caffeine, but that battle isn't as easy as beer.

No comments: