About Me

My photo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Expat from Portland, OR living, working and training in the UAE

Sunday, August 13, 2006

August 12th - BOG Ride

It took some convincing, but I got a friend who is also doing Canada to come along for the long, slow Bridge of the Gods ride. I have never done this ride before. I just may have to do it more often, i liked it! 90 miles, 5 hours was the plan along with a 30 min t-run.

I was in Z1 for all of 3mins, 30 seconds! Average HR = 106. 4000' of climbing was nice. The climb from Multnomh Falls to Crown Point was fun. Averaged 13mph and felt easy, just what the doctor ordered at 4hours into the ride (Yellow Lake, here I come!). Other than that fairly uneventful, which is how it's supposed to be. Looking throught the stel grate on the BOG was a little crazy.

T-run: 8:30 pace, kept Melissa from running too fast.

Sleepy time, long day tomorrow...5k swim and 1.5 hour run! See ya then!

No comments: