
August 2nd - 10mile TT
I headed out to Sauvie Island for this. It was a nice day, a bit windy so i chose the fast way around, which still wasn't that fast.
152 bpm avg/161 max
23.5mph avg. See not that fast. The headwind kept me down. This wasn't a race though.
t-run: 20min. Nice and easy to steady.
August 3rd - Repeats!
Lunchtime swim to establish a "t-time." Warmed up and then swam 1000meters for time holding a solid effort. T-time is the average pace per 100m = 1:28
Late afternoon, errr more like evening repeats. I ended up getting a hair cut (almost shaved my head, but still cut it shorter, not as short as I've had, but closer). I'm getting tired of the longer hair, plus I'm balding...I also went to Dream Dinners and finally made those. It was like being at the restuarant again, everything was set out and you make it, pretty cool. I shold drink next time i do it.
15 minute warm-up from my house to Duniway track. I skipped the 4*400 because I ran into a friend and she was doing one more repeat so i started in on my 4.
1 - 6:38 162avg/172max HR
2- 6:38 167/175
3 - 6:34 169/175
4- 6:31 170/173
Good work! I went too fast...was suppoed to do 2*1 mile at 6:45 then 1 mile at 6:40 and last mile at 6:35, all with 1 min jog in between. However, my legs responded so i went with it.
August 4th - Rest Day
BUT, since George Hincapie was coming to my office and riding with several of us, I rode today. The photo is after the ride. See what i would look like if i lost 20 pounds!!!
August 5th - MS 150 Ride in Forest Grove w/ George Hincapie
7:30am start for the 86 mile route. We had a huge pelaton riding with George. It was fun seeing all the quacks trying to get a photo with him. Some were very scary to ride with. George had a couple "handlers" that rode with from Seattle, including his brother. There should be a photo of my and another guy on our Felt B2's leading out George and the pelaton. Should be a good photo. Iwas supposed to ride 70 easy, ended up riding 86 too hard...hills is were i lost it. I also forgot to t-run...ooops.
August 6th - Day Two of MS 150
George is gone, that's good because i shouldn't try to keep again. I rode with fellow Ironheads that were riding in supprt of their father, father in-law depending on which one you talked to. We rode real easy because one guys brother hadn't ridden farther than 50miles before. Nice easy day as i was supposed to run 2.5 hours afterwards...didn't happen. I did get massages and my glutes are shot.
August 7th - TIRED!
I ran 2 of the 2.5 i was supposed to do yesterday. Felt better than i could have hoped. Picked up the pace for 30 minutes, legs no response, HR big response. 14 miles, 2 hours.
I had my first dream dinner (DD) tonight! Pasta Primavera - good stuff. Needs some meat in it though. I'll add chicken next time and more broccoli, less artichokes.
August 8th - Resting Day
Rode to the bike shop to decide whether or not to buy a Felt F1x for CycleCross or not. I'm also looking at the Scott. I went with the Felt. I've ridden the Felt for two years, i like it. Only saving $150 bucks if i went with the Scott. I should be ready next week! Doubt i will get to ride it before Canada, but afterwards look out!
Curry Chicken DD tonight - good stuff! this one was for 6, but i split it and it will feed me twice. The chicken peices are small, so i ate three...with rice. These meals are meant to go with other things, but so far i haven't added anything to them.
August 9th - Back at It!
Swim: 3200meters - Solid MS set of 15*100's decending the 500's. 1:30ish to 1:27ish to 1:25ish...felt a bit tough, but good. It's been a few days since i have swam.
Bike: Freakin' bike! I popped a chain link, well almost. The linkpin was coming out, and the link itself was tweeked. I was able to pedal a mile or so closer to the Bike Gallery in LO before i had to walk. Once fixed i started my 4*30sec build to sprints then the 3*4mins very hard repeats. I did the first two 4's at the cemetary and the last one along the Springwater - narrowily avoiding others at 25mph... Because the chain issue, workout was 30mins short.
T-Run: Felt okay, nothing exciting. I do know that the racing flats i bought are not going to work for IM. Need other shoes for that. These Adi Zeros don't provide enough support for my fat ass. BTW: i was 177 after my run today...little light, but most of that is water loss. 180 is were is should be.
No comments:
Post a Comment